We need SWISH volunteers!
If you'd like to come and join us this summer on a Saturday at the SWISH site, please CONTACT US and we will get you involved!
ROLES & DUTIES
- Greet youth participants & their families.
- Take the youth to the registration table.
- Tell participants about event activities and rules.
- Assist SWISH staff with activities.
- Monitor sunburn or heat-related illnesses.
- Communicate issues with other leaders or volunteers.
- Register new youth participants when they enter the site.
- Create name tags for youth & review event rules.
- Assist with event evaluation activities.
- Organize games for younger children.
- Build relationships with parents/guardians.
- Build relationships with disengaged youth.
- Re-fill & sanitize water bottles & containers.
- Distribute water/snacks (as per instructions).
- Monitor inventory & inform the supervisor if supplies are needed.
- Please help us keep the site clean. If you see garbage or recycling on the grounds, put it in the proper waste container!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Look for SWISH staff (lime green shirts). Let them know that you are a volunteer.